You and your partner juggle careers, the demands of your family, and household responsibilities. Amid all of this, you may feel you’ve become disconnected from your partner. Prioritizing your relationship over your own needs may leave you feeling taken for granted. The more you feel taken for granted, the more you disengage. You may wonder, “is this as good as it gets?” You want to reconnect to the person you chose to build a life with but feel stuck in a pattern of frustration and miscommunication.
If you and your partner:
- feel ready to prioritize your relationship and find your way back to one another
- are willing to be vulnerable
- desire a deeper understanding of destructive patterns
- want to learn to listen and be heard
- don’t mind laughing during a therapy session
then entering into therapy with me will help you find your way to these things and to healing.
Psychotherapy Specifically for You
Couples Therapy sessions are tailored to the individual needs of the couple while also providing:
- a safe and non-judgmental space where you can share
- an opportunity to learn and practice communication skills
- encouragement to be vulnerable and connect to your emotions
- a deeper understanding of yourself, your partner, and your relationship
- an opportunity to make difficult decisions about the future of your relationship
I draw from a wide range of approaches including (but not limited to) Emotion-Focused Therapy, Sociodynamic Counselling, Relational-Cultural Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy and the work of Dr. Brené Brown.
Please get in touch any time if you would like to set up a free phone consultation to discuss your options and see if I am the right therapist for both of you.